Join the team
Managing & development director
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and collaborative Managing & Development Director. The time commitment ranges from 3 to 10 hours a week.
When applying, please keep in mind our mission: to promote diverse, woman-focused theatre both by and for the communities we live in. On that note, we’re especially looking for LGBTQ women or non-binary people of color, but all are welcome and encouraged to apply!
Note: we are open to splitting this into two positions. If you have experience in management but not development, or vice versa, we'd still love to hear from you!
To apply, please send your resume and a brief note expressing your interest to natalie (at) theatreprometheus (dot) org with the subject line “Managing & Development Director.”
- Research, write, submit, and track grants to support an annual organization budget of $30,000
- Maintain records of grant resources and research
- Work closely with Financial Director to ensure granted funds are used according to guidelines/contracts
- Act as point of contact with fiscal sponsor Fractured Atlas for all development and fundraising activities
- Work closely with Communications Director to promote fundraisers and write copy for online fundraisers
- Assist in taking meeting notes and compiling action items, as needed
- Manage administrative team, ensuring all action items and projects are on track
- Collaborate closely with other core leadership in carrying out Prometheus’ mission and operations
- Other tasks as needed -- we are a small, highly collaborative organization, and everyone pitches in to help other departments when necessary. This also means that if there is a special project you are interested in, you can be part of the team that makes it happen!
- At least a year of experience in development, donor cultivation, and/or fundraising at a nonprofit, ideally in theater
- Familiarity with Google Drive and major social media platforms
- Collaborative team player
- Passion for diverse, women-focused theater
Please note that we are not currently able to provide payment for this position. We use our limited funds to pay artists and tech crew, and none of the administrative team takes any compensation. We are eager to work with you to grow our budget so we can change this!
We look forward to hearing from you at natalie (at) theatre prometheus (dot) org! Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.